Wausau Mercury Poisoning Attorney

Mercury is a common metal often used in household items. However, it can actually be toxic to humans. Despite this, many products still contain mercury, such as old thermometers, light bulbs, and some medical equipment. This means that mercury is commonly found on many properties, particularly labs and hospitals. If mercury is spilled or released into the air on someone’s property, the premises owner or manager has a responsibility to repair the situation quickly in order to protect others from mercury poisoning.

If you or a loved one has become ill due to mercury on someone else’s property, the Wausau mercury poisoning lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® can help you get the compensation you may deserve for medical bills and other damages. Contact our offices today at 800-242-2874 to speak with an experienced attorney about your claim.

Symptoms of Mercury Poisoning

Mercury poisoning can occur suddenly or over time, depending on the rate and method of exposure. When someone is exposed to a large dose of elemental mercury at one time, the common symptoms include:

  • Having a metallic taste in the mouth
  • Vomiting
  • Impaired breathing
  • Harsh cough
  • Swelling/bleeding of the gums

These symptoms clearly indicate an immediate case of mercury poisoning. However, when someone is exposed to organic mercury over time, the symptoms can be different, including:

  • Difficulty walking
  • Blindness
  • Memory problems
  • Tremors and shakes
  • Numbness

No matter how one is exposed to mercury, it can lead to long-term damage to both the brain and body.

Contact Us

If you or a loved one was exposed to mercury on someone else’s property and is now suffering the serious consequences of mercury poisoning, you deserve to be compensated for your pain. At Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, our Wausau mercury poisoning attorneys are dedicated to helping victims of mercury poisoning get the compensation they need. Contact us today at 800-242-2874.