The family of a Florida woman who died from carbon monoxide
poisoning that was allegedly caused by problem’s with her car’s keyless ignition
system has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Toyota.
According to court documents, the family of 29 year-old
Chasity Glisson claims that she died and her boyfriend, Timothy Maddock, was
nearly killed after her Lexus was left running in the garage. As a result of
the car failing to shut off, carbon monoxide gas filled the couple’s townhouse
The lawsuit contends the vehicle’s keyless ignition system
should require a safety feature that shuts it off. The system has been
attributed to a number of carbon monoxide deaths by people who were unaware the
vehicle was left running, the complaint states.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has received
a number of complaints from users of Toyota Smart Keys, saying that they
accidentally left the engines running with the Smart Key in their pocket.
If you have lost a loved one due to an automotive defect,
please contact the Wausau Automobile Defects Attorneys of Habush Habush &
Rottier, S.C. ®, by calling 800-242-2874.