An Illinois car repair garage owner is in one piece after an explosion of his furnace in his garage.
The man used a furnace powered by used oil from customers’ cars for heat in his garage. The man, one day, was adding oil to the tank when he noticed that he had spilled some on the side of the tank. When he reached down to wipe it off of the side of the furnace, the entire thing blew up. Firefighters soon arrived and found the man in one piece although somewhat worse for the wear.
The man thinks that when he touched the side of the furnace, he transferred static electricity to the metal furnace. This caused the spark to ignite the oil in the reservoir causing the entire thing to explode. The man is fortunate only to have suffered some burns to his hands.
If you have been burned or injured due to a faulty furnace, contact the Wausau products liability attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 1-800-248-0171 to discuss your case and to determine your legal options.